Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cupeth running over?

Some would say that I am a pessimist, but I have always preferred to think of myself as a realist. I embrace both the negative and positive in life; could never appreciate life otherwise. With the holidays rapidly approaching, I am reflecting on what makes the holidays memorable and meaningful for me. Coming from a highly dysfunctional family, the memorable aspects come quite naturally, and most usually in abundance. But what makes the holidays meaningful? For me, it is spending some quiet, stress free, time with the people that I love. This year, I am fortunate enough to have Vivien home for the holidays. We have never spent Christmas/NYE together, and I am elated beyond belief that we'll get to spend some down time together this holiday season. With working full time, and Vivien finishing his thesis, we haven't really had the chance to spend much quality time together. We have decided to spend Christmas in Ottawa this year, and with Vivien here, I do not need anything more. We'll bake cookies, watch cheesy Christmas themed movies, and take long walks along the snowy banks of the canal. We'll witness the glee(more like mischief) in Keats eyes as he plays soccer with his miniature soccer ball. Home is wherever I'm with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment